Upworthy is currently hiring a numbers-and-tech-savvy analyst to help us expand our audience and reach millions of people with “awesome and meaningful” viral content.
We’re one of the fastest growing media companies in history, and we’re building ways to measure and predict virality that no one’s ever done before. You can apply online, but the job description is below.
The Audience & Business Development Analyst at Upworthy will be responsible for a variety of internal and external-facing projects aimed at expanding the reach of Upworthy’s content. You’ll assist in the day-to-day management of our partner relationships; design and conduct experiments to optimize our site, email, and social media presences for viral sharing; and spend a lot of time studying our web traffic and exploring new opportunities for growth. The Analyst will work closely with our Audience, Business, as well as Product and Editorial teams to develop and implement new features to improve the Upworthy user experience and user engagement.
The ideal candidate will be multi-talented. You’ll make a great addition to our team if you love diving into Excel spreadsheets, but also interacting with others. You should be comfortable with numbers, basic statistical testing, and thinking through challenges creatively and scientifically. You won’t need to write code, but talking to people who do shouldn’t scare you. As some of our most important work happens in the heat of a viral traffic spike, you must be prepared for a fast-paced, virtual environment heavily focused on social media. If you’ve never shared something or liked a page on Facebook, this probably isn’t the right fit.
• Excellent analytical skills, including working with Excel, and the ability to deliver recommendations based on data and analysis
• Entrepreneurial instincts and hands-on attitude. Eye for the big picture and enjoyment of day-to-day operations. Creative approach to problem-solving
• Clear and precise communication skills
• Tech skills and Internet savvy
• Ability to manage projects and hit deadlines
• Self-manager, self-teacher and self-starter. We work virtually and nobody will be “breathing down your neck”—you must be ok with that
• Understanding of and love for social media
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
•Google Analytics and other web-analytics tools
•Database querying (MYSQL or especially Mongo DB)
•Facebook page management: engaging the audience, expanding the reach, and analyzing the data
•Mass email list management and email testing
•Background in statistics
LOCATION: Work from home, live anywhere. We’re a virtual company and we collaborate online.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary plus benefits (and great experience).
COMMITMENT: This is a full-time position.
START DATE: ASAP11 notes
- markholyoake-photography likes this
- glennspiro-taichi likes this
- arki-busson-eim likes this
- hedgefunds-eim likes this
- constrution-bamford likes this
- asktheanalyst likes this
- digimodify likes this
- littov likes this
- artistswithimpact reblogged this from upworthy
- alcatrazoutpatient reblogged this from upworthy
- thoughtlessuntildusk likes this
- mimmers68 likes this
- book20 reblogged this from upworthy
- upworthy reblogged this from upworthyinsider